So, I’ve finally done it! Last week I completed the Writers Bureau Copywriting Course and this week I’m finally setting up my own freelance writing business, Jackie Small Writing Services (JSWS).
I don’t plan to launch the business (or this web-site) until the 6th of April, the start of the new 2019/2020 tax year. I finished work on the 1st of March and get my final payment on the 28th. After that things will get real and I’ll be officially self-employed.
So far, I have;
• Bought a new computer
• Joined the Association of Freelance Writers
• Created a Swipe File
• Attended a number of LHH courses on Starting Your Own Business
• Bought my domain name from GoDaddy
• Bought my hosting and CMS from WordPress
• Bought a couple of books – WordPress All-In-One for Dummies and WordPress for Beginners 2019
• Started to build my web-site
• Created my own simple logo
• Created my Letterhead
• Earmarked my business bank account
• Taken out Indemnity Insurance
• Set up an Accounts and Profit and Loss spreadsheet
• Updated my Linked In profile
Still to do are;
• Finish and launch my web-site
• Set up Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts for JSWS
• Contact HMRC to register as Self-Employed
• Find an Accountant
• Further improve my Linked In page
• Create some Business Cards and A5 Flyers/Posters
• Register on Bark, Fiverr and Upwork
• Attend some local networking events
• Get out there and start selling my services!
WISH ME LUCK AND WATCH THIS SPACE!